Sunday, December 2, 2012

If My Family was the Muppets...

I know I know, random thought... hahahahaha I guess it was keeping me entertained on my run today!  So I was thinking, if my family was represented by the Muppets, who would play my family?  Immediate family that is... so here are my thoughts!

Mum: The Swedish Chef.  This is because of her incredible immitations of the Swedish Chef, which entertained us as children.  Her silliness, her high entertainment value, though he might be better with a knife than mum... hmmm, maybe... ;)



 

Dad: This was a toss-up... he does a fabulous impression of Beaker (that innocent, unsuspecting poor little bugger that gets used a lot...), but also we have often referred to him as Sam the American Eagle!  His deep strong voice, rule-abiding (sometimes...), and very sea-worthy self (for those of you that have seen Muppets Treasure Island you know what I'm talking about!)  I think that's a rather good fit!


Stephanie: Gonzo.  Not because he looks funny (because she doesn't), not because he's an alien (because she's not), but because he's a wicked storyteller!  We have seen A Muppet Christmas Carol... he is there to tell a tale (and Rizzo is there for the food!).  Stephanie has always been the Writer/Storyteller... didn't think it was a huge surprise that she would be Gonzo!  Not sure she has ever been shot out of canon, but there's still time! :D


 
 
Heather: Miss Piggy.  I'm sure this is no surprise... Heather is the singer, actress... she is our movie star in the family!  She is of course not of the pig persuasion, however she is as Hollywood as it gets in our family.  I'd say more old school Hollywood, like, Audrey Hepburn, but then again Miss Piggy is very old school Hollywood most of the time too! :D
 
 
 


Roger: Dr. Bunsen Honeydew.  How could I NOT pick a scientist to play a scientist???  They both wear labcoats at work, they both have glasses... they both have a greenish tinge.. no wait, scratch that last one!  Both are brilliant chemist PhDs, it's a no-brainer!!!  I wonder if Roger has a test subject like Beaker?  Hmmmm, based on this blog entry I suppose he could just call up dad... ;)


And, last but not least...



Denise: Fozzie Bear!!!  I like to think I'm cuddly, cute, haha just kidding!  Mostly I picked Fozzie for myself because of my obvious terrible jokes!  Fozzie is always trying to be funny, as am I.  I think that's a pretty easy correlation to make, yes?  He's ridiculously loud and obnoxious, and I can be too!  I'd like to think that the fact that I have 5 fingers instead of 4 gives me a leg up on Fozzie, but I reserve my judging until I live a day in the life of the Bear :D

Alright, that's it.  That's my Muppet Family!  If you were going to make your family out of Muppets, who would play YOUR family???

xoxoxoxoxo Fozzie/Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment