Monday, July 2, 2012

DEFINITELY not just visiting this time...

Yup, I'm officially here for a while... I registered for my tax file number a couple of days ago (TFN is like a SSN/SIN).  And today, I opened a bank account!  AND it actually has some money in it!  Yup, I can't say I feel rich yet, but I'm not absolutely poor.  WAHOO!

Hasn't been too crazy these past 2 days, but I've been quite on top of the music scene.  Elizabeth, my cousin, plays for the MetSO (Metropolitan Symphony Orchestra) and they played a show on Saturday afternoon.  Her conductor asked me if I would be interested in joining them in the future (eek!), which is a little daunting as I haven't played in an orchestra for a few years... and these guys are the cream of the crop (other than those employed by the Adelaide Symphony Orchestra).  We then went to watch a community orchestra on Sunday.  I think I'd be better off starting there.  There was a violinist in the 1st violin section who spent the majority of the time not actually playing.  However, to give her the benefit of the doubt, it's very possible that she just joined and had only a few days to become familiar with the music.  Anyways, I think that'll be a good thing for me to join when I figure out a more permanent location.

Am enjoying my current location, at my cousin's place here in Port Noarlunga South.  We can see the beach right out the living room window.  Although it was a bit chilly this morning (6C) it has been sunny the rest of the day and warmed up to probably 10 or 11C.  MUCH better!  I know it's not the 40C that everyone else had in Oakville for Canada Day, but apparently this is quite cold compared to their usual winter weather!  This I can handle!

Must go help make supper, and the dog's dinner for the next few days!  Wonder if anyone is reading this... hope so!  Saves me from updating everyone over and over and over :p  Miss you all!!!

xoxo D

1 comment:

  1. Hi Denise
    Your mother is still trying to finish that .... scarf at our knitting night at BHYC!
    Greetings from the stitch and winers or whatever we are called. Kind of hot here in Canada - almost a record at 36 degrees approx.
    Mom sent your knitting off today.
    Bye from pat, Beth, Eileen , Alex ... and your Mom

    ReplyDelete