Thursday, July 5, 2012

Well played Australia... well played

For those of you that are on my Facebook you would have noted how upset I was at spotting a bunny while on my pre-dinner walk with Bailey (the lab I'm babysitting).  I did NOT move to Australia to see the same old wildlife that I could see back in Oakville!  SO, it seems that Australia was just teasing me... and has been playing a rather fun game of I-Spy.  It has gone something like this:

Australia: "I spy, with my little eye... some crazy Canuck waving a flag and a set of bells around."
Denise: "Is it Elizabeth, at the airport?"
Australia: "YES!  Good job!"

Australia: "I spy, with my little eye... something good looking in the water"
Denise: "Is it those surfers offshore there?  The ones I can see out of the living room window?"
Australia: "Yup, that's it!"

Australia: "I spy, with my little eye... something brown and furry"
Denise: "Um... that rabbit?"
Australia: "Correct!"
Denise: "Booourns... boring... that one gets a thumbs down from me!"

Australia: "Fine, I can do better.  I spy, with my little eye.... something swimming in the water!"
Denise: "Is it those pelicans?"
Australia: "Nope"
Denise: "Hmmm, is it the fish?"
Australia: "You're getting closer..."
Deinse: "It's those dolphins offshore!"
Australia: "Well done!"
Denise: "Much better than the rabbit."

Australia: "Last one for now.  I spy, with my little eye... some shiny thing offshore"
Denise: "Is it that odd looking fellow in the wetsuit, the one on the stand-up paddleboard?"
Australia: "Try again"
Denise: "Those 2 whales out there!  It's the whales!"
Australia: "You win!"

Overall my disappointment in seeing the rabbit has been turned around by consecutive days of dolphin spotting on my dog walks, and even more impressive seeing those two whales this morning while walking Bailey on the beach!  Dolphins AND whales all in one morning!  I must say Australia... you're working hard to keep me here... but it's working!  That AND the fact that this is yet another 'cold' winter day, where I'm wearing a t-shirt and pants on my dog walk at 9am.  I could definitely get used to this!!!

Over and out. (Just thought I'd give everyone a taste of where I'm staying!)


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That's looking out at the ocean from Kim and Brian's front deck! What a lovely view, eh?

      Delete