Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm still alive... I swear!

I know I know... it's been a while!  I DO have a good reason though, I just finished writing my exams in Sydney!  Okay, well, I finished writing them on Friday last week, but it's been rather busy until now!

I'm also currently battling in terms of who to cheer for in the Olympics.  Obviously my original allegiance lies with Canada, and whenever Canada is leading then that is who I cheer for!  BUT, being in a different country it's hard to cheer for Canada when you NEVER see them on TV!  It makes sense that Australian races and athletes are what are shown here, but still, it wouldn't hurt for them to show OTHER countries or athletes!  Hahahaha.  I've ranked my allegiance/cheer-efforts as such:  1-Canada, 2-Australia, 3-Spain (for obvious reasons).  This usually gives me SOMEONE to cheer for in every race or sport!

Now, about the CCEA (licensing) exam... here's my breakdown.  There were 8 of us writing the first day, just one guy was writing only that day because it was the radiology (x-ray) exam day.  The images were fine, x-ray positioning fine, x-ray interpretation paper fine, then the radiographic physics/science was BRUTAL!  That's right... brutal!  So many calculations which I never learned in school... none of us (0/8) had any clue with more than half of that exam.  Now, having said that, I could say I had a somewhat educated guess with a lot of that exam, but still was unsure about 40% of the questions :s  The only other very tough exam was the neuro/ortho exam, which was so long that even I (the extra fast exam writer who finished every other written exam within half the time) was just collecting my booklets together when they said, "Please put down your pens."  So yeah, 4 of the 7 of us didn't finish the neuro/ortho exam!  Anyways, should know within a couple of weeks as to whether or not I've been successful.  On the plus side, I've been successful in Canada and Ontario!  Not that I'll be using that license any time soon, but it's nice to know I passed a very very tough exam back in Canada :)

Let's see... what else is new.  While I was in Sydney I got to visit with Sydney, my neighbour from back home!  Just like seeing a sister!  It was great to catch up with her and meet her roommate, and just have a place to crash in the city!  The train system wasn't too hard to figure out, and only took me an hour and a bit to get from Bondi Beach to the school Macquarie.  I also got to catch up with my old roommate from MtA, Amanda!  It was so great!  We went for a 'few' drinks at the Opera Bar (right beside the Opera House), caught up... it was just like no time had passed at all!  In reality, we hadn't seen each other in 6 years!  But, it was really good to meet up and just know that I have yet another friend down here in Australia :D  Lastly, I met a NEW friend during my exams.  Claire just graduated from AECC (one of the schools in the UK) and we got to study together and share the train together on the way back from the exam every day.  She's great!  She also came to the Opera Bar and had a couple drinks, met Amanda, it was great!  Hopefully she'll come visit in Adelaide, and I'll be sure to go visit in Sydney again sometime!

Hmmmm, I updated everyone about my new beau here... happy to say I'm blissfully in love in Australia!  Who knew I worked so fast!  HAHA!  Yup, it might be a little different now being back from exams, but just a happy-go-lucky young Canadian lady... happy as a clam, with her man!  Hahaha!  I can't wait for other people (from home) to meet him eventually!  He has now met the entire family clan down here in Australia (Elizabeth and her kids... mum's niece, and Kim Brian and their kids, dads niece!).  He'll get to meet them more and more so I'm excited to introduce them all and have them all get to know each other :)

Anyways, must go take the dog for a walk... just like old times ;)  Hope everyone is well in Canada (or everywhere else people are reading this blog!).  And please keep ME up to date with YOUR lives!  Facebook works for me!!!

Hugs and kisses... xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo Dr. D

No comments:

Post a Comment