Sunday, July 15, 2012

It keeps going and going and going...

Who knew things could be so amazing on the other side of the world?  I feel like everything is starting to come together now :)  It just took a move to the other side of the world!  This is where we're at in terms of my to-do list:

- get a tax file number: Okay, so I've registered for this, it should be in the mail any day now!
- open a bank account: done!
- get a phone: also done, I've bought a Samsung Galaxy Y, just waiting for the sim card to arrive but I've got a month-to-month plan figured out!
- find a job: I have my second interview, a one-on-one, set for Tuesday at 3pm (Adelaide time) with Lululemon!  Gosh knows it would be awesome to work there until this whole doctor things pans out... :)
- study: this I have been doing!  I've received a lot of radiology slides from the school that's hosting the exam, and I'm just reviewing all sorts of information now!  Wahoo!
- Added bonus: FOUND A GUY!  Enter story...

So here's the dish.  I went for a walk on the beach on Tuesday, as this is the norm for me and Bailey.  We usually do 2 walks a day, they usually last at least an hour each, sometimes 2 hours.  Turns out this is also good for me since I haven't found a gym yet, nor do I have money for a gym!  Anyways, we were trucking down the beach, and Bailey, who has decided to be more friendly as of late, trots on over to visit some random guy out for a stroll.  This guy, LEE (keep that in mind folks...), used to have a black lab himself, but had to send him to live with family as he was too busy with work to give the dog enough attention.  So needless to say, he was pretty excited that Bailey, a yellow lab, came over to visit!  Asked me some questions about the dog... loved my Canadian accent (pffffft, if you could only all hear his incredible Australian accent!  WOOHOO for me!), and we just ended up walking the rest of the beach together and chatting the whole time!

Yup, this guy is a keeper :)  Not only does he like the outdoors, but he also plays guitar (and well!  Probably better than me :S).  He's funny, sweet, REALLY good looking (I know he's probably reading this, but whatever, he already knows these things!), and so smart!!!  It's nice to find a new friend over here on the other side of the world :)  I'm not replacing the ones I have back at home, but he'll certainly hold me over :)  His parents and brother and sister-in-law are really nice too (I know, I've already met them... but it was a very convenient thing to do on the weekend, go out for lunch... and tea!).  It's not like I had any other plans, so why not meet some more people!  Won't replace my family, but they certainly are great to meet up with, and so interesting :)

SO, now you all know where I stand... more or less.  If you could all see me now I look like one of those idiots that is grinning all the time, and can't stop, because they're just so happy!  I think my cheeks might start to cramp actually :p  I hope this all satisfies you for now, until I tell you all more about him.  If you're all curious too you can always look him up on my facebook :)  He's there... my new Aussie buddy ;)  Hey Buddy...  hee hee!

Ugh, must go to bed.  It's so late!  So much studying to do still, and Lee certainly makes sure I study, just in case my mother is reading this and worrying about me focusing on the task at hand... don't worry mum!  He is making sure I study!!!  Love you and miss you all, though must say I'm quite convinced now that I made the right move coming down here.  And as I've always said, anyone is welcome to visit!  This might be best to wait until I've got my own place... but once THAT has happened you're all welcome to come on down.

That's it for now,

Dr. D

2 comments:

  1. AHEM!!! (insert aussie accent here)

    Gday all (thought i would open with a very ochre Aussie greeting). Just a quick note to even up the ledger. Dede is truly an amazing girl and im very lucky to be spending the time that i have with her so far. Family give the big thumbs up and Im positive the girls will adore her also (yep thats right, my two little princesses, Imogen and Charlotte, will meet Dede next weekend). Sure its early days but i guess you know when you know, right? or should i say AYE!!!

    Anyway, hope you all some 13 hours away had a great sunday. Holy crap, im gonna be late for work, BYEEEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha, just to clarify for everyone, Aye would be 'eh' with the Aussie accent :) HAHA! That's AWESOME! And yes, the name DeeDee (or however it's spelled, because everyone at home spells it differently too!) has followed me to Australia. I will update everyone with how things keep going :D

      Lee: I hope I didn't make you late for work!!!!! But I'll bet EVERYONE will appreciate your two cents here and there :p xo

      Delete